Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Houston, We Have A Pillow

Drinking: Coffee
Listening: Mike Mains and the Branches

I used my sewing machine for the very first time last night. I can't sew in a straight line to save my life, I'll tell you that.


Jordan and I have a wicker sofa in the basement (I love it, he hates it) and it has some of the grossest pillows on it. I would like the floral in these pictures better if it was used for something else, but since it's super old and really stained it had to go. My parents had these pillows forever, so they needed a good re-vamp since they have new owners. I measured the muslin that's on the top pillow and stitched up three sides, added the pillow form from the floral pillows and stitched up the fourth side.


Easy peasy. I love the muslin. It looks so clean! Once I got the hang of it on the first pillow I covered the other three in the same fashion. The basement instantly looks cleaner. I love creams and whites, they make everything look better.


I'm so happy with how this endeavor turned out! I don't my first time using the new machine turned out terribly, and I like that I have something to show for it. I'll post pictures of my sofa once I cover the bottom cushions... they're just too ugly for me to show you now. Hahaha.

Are you guys trying any new craft endeavors? I would love to hear about it!

Shalom

1 comment:

  1. ...so nice pillows. may we have a look, where they will lay?

    groetjes
    vreeni

    www.freakinyou.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete